KPY (Cultural Policy and Management) Research Library located in the İstanbul Bilgi University Latif Mutlu Library, is established through the cooperation of the İstanbul Bilgi University and the Boekman Foundation. KPY Research Library aims to contribute to the academic studies and research on cultural policy and culture management as well as providing up-to-date and regular information to academicians, students and to everyone who specialize in this field.
KPY Research Library aims to develop books, e-books, journals, e-journals, e-reference databases, e-articles, dissertations, research papers, reports and other academic internet resources published on the subjects of cultural policy and management.
The Bilgi Library has started to create a new collection, by joining its European Documentation Center experience with the Dutch Boekman Foundation, specialized in cultural politics. The Boekman Foundation is now contributing to the creation of an international and updated collection. The library collects domestic resources and documentation on a city basis in Turkey and publications provided by Boekman Library. Majority of the resources are in English and Turkish and also the collection continue being updated with new resources.
The following can be cited among the aims of the KPY Research Library:
- Putting together city-based materials on cultural policy issues;
- Developing an archive on the writings concerning the cultural policy and management subjects in Turkey;
- Cataloguing the documents as to the execution and process of the project and supporting the drafting and application stages of other projects;
- Supporting the growth of the area by making all possible resources reachable through the internet;
- Pioneering in the development of cultural politics taking in consideration domestic and international copyright regulations.
Search the Catalog