Frequently Asked Questions
1. How I can pay the price Source Delay?
You may go to the Garanti Bank then you can pay the fine to the bank account below. After that you should bring the receipt to the Library. You may find more information at http://library.bilgi.edu.tr/borrowing_circulation.html
Garanti Bank Çağlayan Branch
Branch No: 403
Explanation : “Add library Delay” Name and Surname
Note: Was delivered to the library can send or receive an email receipt firstname.lastname@example.org
2. What is the ILL service?
Interlibrary Loan & Document Delivery Services:
Bilgi library borrows resources from other libraries for the users. This service is available to registered faculty members, graduate and PHD students. ILL processes requests from faculty to obtain loans or photocopies of material not owned by Bilgi Library. Faculty can submit a request via online request form at http://opac.bilgi.edu.tr/illb
3. When does the library open?
Click here for opening hours and changes to the library. http://library.bilgi.edu.tr/library_hours.html
The library is closed on public holidays.
Library hours are extended during mid-terms and final exams.
Library hours are subject to change.
4. If I forget my password what should I do?
You can use "My Account link (https://opac.bilgi.edu.tr/patroninfo)" in the library web page and you can refresh your account password by using Forgot Your PIN
( https://opac.bilgi.edu.tr/pinreset~S10 )
5. How can I renew the materials I have borrowed?
Users’ are entitled to renew items for the same period of time provided that particular item has not been placed on hold by another user. Renewals may only be made twice over the internet. Renewals are not possible over the telephone and by e-mail. Renewals must be made before the time for which the item is borrowed expires. The responsibility for renewals rests upon users. Users must renew the items in their possession in person at the relevant circulation desk.
6. Benefit from the students graduating from the University of Istanbul Bilgi University Library Information ?
Graduate students must be a member of "Istanbul Bilgi University Alumni Association - BİLGİM” to benefit from the Istanbul Bilgi University Library. After being a member of “Istanbul Bilgi University Alumni Association – BİLGİM”, it is necessary to come to the library and fill the “Bilgi Library sign-up form”.
7. How to create PIN?
- Follow the My Account link on the library web pages.
- Enter your Name and ID number into the login form, leave the PIN box empty and click the Submit button.
- You will be asked to choose yourself a PIN in the next screen. Select yourself a PIN code, type it twice into the form and click the Submit button.
You will need to use this PIN for all the Library logins.