BİLGİ Library supports the undergraduate studies, graduate studies, research and field development functions of the University.
The library's objectives are achieved through the development of a collection of resources (monographs, serials, audio-visual materials, computer software and instructional resources) related specifically to education.
The Library's objectives for the collection for its primary clientele are:
- To collect resources to support research.
- To provide books, DVDs, serials, reports, e-resources, e-journals, e-articles, and other information sources for course and general use.
- To provide resources in related areas required for course reading.
- To provide bibliographic and reference resources for information and teaching purposes.
A Brief Guide for Book Selection Criteria
All resources selected for inclusion in the Library's holdings, whether purchased or donated, must be cleary related to the general educational mission and stated goals of the University.
- Suitability of the subject, style and language to the intended programs of the University.
- Relation to the existing collection and other resources on the subject.
- Stature and/or significance of the author or issuing body.
- Timelessness or permanance of the work.
- Cost of the item.
- Appearance on course bibliographies.
- Availability of the work in other nearby libraries.
- Recommendation of critics, reviewers and members of the University community.
- Reputation and standards of the publisher.
- Suitability of physical form.
Purchase Request Form for Book and Audiovisual Material:
For more information:
Please contact the acquisition librarians:
Vildan Orancı, email@example.com ext. 6393